Charissa Chang, MD
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Medicine, Liver Diseases
Specialties:Liver Transplantation, Liver Medicine
- Endoscopic Band Ligation
- Esophageal Varices
- HIV Coinfection In Viral Hepatitis
- Hepatitis B
MD, University of Maryland
Residency, Internal Medicine, Boston University Medical Center
Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of Virginia Health System
Fellowship, Hepatology, Mount Sinai Hospital
Advanced Hepatology Fellowship Grant
Tau Beta Pi
Research and Excellence Provost's Award for Undergraduate
Westinghouse Science Talent Search Semifinalist
- Portal Hypertension
- Treatment of Viral Hepatits
- Fatty Liver, NASH
- Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 3 Study of Ramucirumab and Best Supportive Care (BSC) Versus Placebo and BSC as Second-Line Treatment in Patients With Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Elevated Baseline Alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP) Following First-Line Therapy With Sorafenib
The purpose of this study is to find out whether ramucirumab can help patients with liver cancer. Ramucirumab is an experimental drug because it is still being tested and not yet approved to treat liver cancer. However, the FDA has allowed the use of this drug for ...
- A Phase 2b Dose-Ranging Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of GS-6624 a Monoclonal Antibody Against Lysyl Oxidase-Like 2 (LOXL2) in Subjects with Advanced Liver Fibrosis but not Cirrhosis Secondary to Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
The purpose of this study is to see if an experimental drug named GS-6624 works for the treatment of advanced fibrosis of the liver due to Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH). We are studying 2 different doses of GS-6624 in this study, because we do not know what the right do...
- A Phase IIb, double blind randomized, controlled clinical trial, to evaluate the efficacy and safety of two Aramchol doses versus placebo in patients with Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
The purpose of this study is to test a new investigational drug called Aramchol. The study will be a multinational, multicenter trial to compare the efficacy, tolerability and safety of Aramchol tablets 400 mg and 600 mg to placebo tablets, in 240 NASH subjects who also suffer...
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase III Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Elafibranor in Patients with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) and Fibrosis
The purpose of this study is to determine the efficacy of Elafibranor compared to placebo in the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). A placebo looks the same as the study treatment (same shape, same look), except that it contains no active subs...
Chang CY, Hernandez-Prera JC, Roayaie S, Schwartz M, Thung SN. Changing epidemiology of hepatocellular adenoma in the United States: review of the literature. International journal of hepatology 2013; 2013.
Martin P, Chang C. Update on the United States Hepatitis B Treatment Algorithm. Current Hepatitis Reports 2007;.
Chang C, Singal A, Emre S, Schiano T, Lookstein R, Ganeshan S. Successful Use of Splenic Artery Embolization to Relieve Tense Ascites Following Liver Transplantation in a Patient with Budd Chiari Syndrome, Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria, and Por