John O Mascarenhas, MD
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
Specialties:Hematology-Oncology, Oncology (Cancer)
Dr. John Mascarenhas is a clinical investigator in malignant hematology with a focus in translational research involving the Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Dr. Mascarenhas is primarily responsible for the clinical trials arm of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine Myeloproliferative Disorders Program headed by Dr. Ronald Hoffman. This program offers phase I/II and III studies for patients with myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, and forms of acute myeloid leukemia. In addition, Dr. Mascarenhas treats patients with myelodysplastic syndrome, hypereosinophilic syndrome, systemic mastocytosis, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia and related issues.
- A Phase I/II Open Label Study of LBH589, a Novel Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor (HDACi), in Patients with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF) and Post-Polycythemia/Essential Thrombocythemia Myelofibrosis (Post-PV/ET MF)
- A Multicenter, Open Label Phase I / II Study of JAK2 inhibitor CEP-701 (Lestaurtinib) in Adults with Myelofibrosis
- A Phase I/II, Open Label Multi-Centre Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Preliminary Efficacy of the JAK2 inhibitor AZD1480 Administered Orally to Patients with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF) and Post-Polycythaemia Vera/Essential Thrombocythaemia Myelofibrosis (Post-PV/ET MF)
- Study of Fludarabine Based Conditioning for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation for Myelofibrosis
- Phase I study of GC1008 in patients with primary myelofibrosis (PMF), post-polycythemia vera/essential thrombocythemia related myelofibrosis (post-PV/ET MF) and essential thrombocythemia (ET)
In this episode of "Healthy Body, Healthy Mind" Dr. Mascarenhas discusses myelofibrosis - including why it's an unfamiliar term for many people, the rarity of the disease, and the age at which most people are diagnosed.
- Chronic Myelocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Primary Polycythemia
MD, New York Medical College
Residency, Internal Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital
Fellowship, Hematology, Mount Sinai Hospital
Richard E. Rosenfeld Faculty Achievement Award
- A Randomized, Single-Blind, Multicenter Phase 2 Study to Evaluate the Activity of 2 Dose
You have been asked to take part in this study because you have been diagnosed with myelofibrosis and your cancer has returned after treatment with a Janus Kinase (JAK) Inhibitor. Myelofibrosis is a type of cancer that affects the production of blood cells.
- Combination Therapy of Ruxolitinib and Decitabine in patients with Myeloproliferative Neoplasms in Accelerated and Blast Phase Disease
The purpose of this phase I study is to test the safety and tolerability of ruxolitinib at different do...
- Phase I/II Study of Combination oral JAK2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor (JAK2-TKI) and Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor (HDACI) therapy in patients with Myelofibrosis
The purpose of this study is to find out if the drug combination of panobinostat and ruxolitinib is safe and has beneficial effects in people who have primary myelofibrosis (PMF), post-polycythemia vera myelofibrosis (PPV-MF) or post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis (PE...
- A Phase 2 Pilot Trial of Ruxolitinib combined with Danazol for Patients with Primary Myelofibrosis (MF), Post Essential Thrombocythemia-Myelofibrosis (Post ET) and Post Polycythemia Vera Myelofibrosis (PV MF) Suffering from Anemia
The purpose of this study is to find out if the drug Ruxolitnib combined with Danazol is safe and has beneficial effects in people who are diagnosed with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF) or Post-Essential Thromobocythemia Myelofibrosis (PET MF) or Post-Polycythemia Vera Myelofibros...
- Exploring the Potential of Dual Kinase JAK 1/2 Inhibitor Ruxolitinib (INC424) with Reduced Intensity Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in Patients with Myelofibrosis – A phase II study
The purpose of this study is to find out if adding the study drug Ruxolitinib (INC424) to a combination of other chemotherapeutic drugs (Fludarabine and Busulfan) before removing your bone marrow, treating it for your disease, and then returning it to your body from a donor (b...
- A Phase 2, Open-Label, Prospective Study of PRM-151 in Subjects with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF), Post-Polycythemia Vera MF (post-PV MF), or Post-Essential Thrombocythemia MF (post-ET MF)
The purpose of this study is to gather information on whether PRM-151 has an effect on your myelofibrosis (MF) disease, whether it is safe in patients wit...
- A Randomized Controlled Phase 3 Study of Oral Pacritinib versus Best Available Therapy in Patients with Thrombocytopenia and Primary Myelofibrosis, Post-Polycythemia Vera Myelofibrosis, or Post-Essential Thrombocythemia Myelofibrosis
The purpose of this study is to find out if an experimental drug called pacritinib works better than best available therapies. Best available therapies are drugs that are currently used by many doctors for the treatment of myelofibrosis. Pacitinib is an "experiment...
- Open label study of single agent oral RG7388 in patients with polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia, with pilot feasibility study in combination with pegylated interferon alfa 2a
The research looks at two conditions, Essential Thrombocythemia (ET) and Polycythemia Vera (PV). ET causes people to produce too many blood cells called platelets and pV causes too many platelets and red blood cells to be made. Platelets are particles which circula...
- An Open-Label, Multiple Simon 2-Stage Study of INCB039110 Administered Orally to Subjects with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF), Post Polycythemia Vera-Myelofibrosis (PPV-MF) or Post Essential Thrombocythemia-Myelofibrosis (PET-MF)
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an experimental drug called INCB039110. An experimental drug is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use except in research studies. The purpose of this research study ...