Lewis R Silverman, MD
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Oncological Sciences
American Board of Internal Medicine
MD, University of Brussels
Residency, Internal Medicine, Metropolitan Hospital Center
Residency, Internal Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center
Fellowship, Hematology, Montefiore Medical Center
Fellowship, Neopalstic Diseases, Mount Sinai Hospital
- A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double- Blind Study To Compare The Efficacy And Safety Of Oral Azacitidine Plus Best Supportive Care Versus Placebo Plus Best Supportive Care In Subjects With Red Blood Cell Transfusion-Dependent Anemia And Thrombocytopenia Due To IPSS Lower-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes
The main purpose of this study is to see if people with your type of MDS need fewer blood
transfusions if they take a drug called azacitidine by mouth (also called oral azacitidine).
The study sponsor and is working with your study doctor to find out the following in...
- A Phase III, International, Randomized, Controlled Study of Rigosertib versus
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an experimental drug called rigosertib when it is given to people with MDS. An experimental drug is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use except in research st...
- A Study to Evaluate Imetelstat (JNJ-63935937) in Transfusion-Dependent Subjects with IPSS Low or Intermediate-1 Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) that is Relapsed/Refractory to Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agent (ESA) Treatment
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the experimental study drug imetelstat for the treatment of subjects with myelodysplastic syndrome. An experimental drug is one that is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)...
- A Phase 1 Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of MEDI4736 in Subjects with Myelodysplastic Syndrome after Treatment with Hypomethylating Agents
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an experimental drug called MEDI4736, to treat myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). An experimental dru