Maoxin Wu, MD, PhD
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR | Pathology
- Co-investigator of T. Godfrey in Molecular detection of occult metastases in lung cancer.
- IRB proved clinical research project: Advanced therapeutic monitoring of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma via FNA and molecular studies.
- Study of XIAP in lung lesions including benign, hyperplasia, atypical adenomatous hyperplasia and carcinomas and mesotheloma.
- Immunohistochemical study of tumor makers in various types of Cancer.
Hu HP, Wu M. Mechanism of anesthetic action: oxygen pathway perturbation hypothesis. Med Hypotheses 2001 Nov; 57(5): 619-27.
Wu M, Putti TC, Bhuiya TA. Comparative study in the expression of p53, EGFR, TGF-α and cyclin D1 in verrucous carcinoma, verrucous hyperplasia, and squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck region. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2002 Dec; 10(4): 351-6.
Hu H, Wu M. Spin-mediated consciousness theory: possible roles of neural membrane nuclear spin ensembles and paramagnetic oxygen. Med Hypotheses 2004; 63(4): 633-46.
Wu M, Burstein DE. Fine needle aspiration [review]. Cancer Invest 2004; 22(4): 620-8.
Wu M, Yuan S, Szporn AH, Gan L, Shtilbans V, Burstein DE. Immunocytochemical detection of XIAP in body cavity effusions and washes. Mod Pathol 2005 Dec; 18(12): 1618-22.
Wu M, Szporn AH, Zhang D, Wasserman P, Gan L, Miller L, Burstein DE. Cytology applications of p63 and TTF-1 immunostaining in differential diagnosis of lung cancers. Diagn Cytopathol 2005 Oct; 33(4): 223-7.